Industrial Wireless Safety Device
The FORT Vehicle Safety Controller (VSC) is an industrial safety device for autonomous systems, mobile heavy equipment, and fixed machine systems. For applications where wired connections are expensive, dangerous, or impractical, the VSC provides a safe and reliable wireless solution.
FORT Vehicle Safety Controller
Reliable wireless ensures that your Stop command will always be heard. The proprietary two-way protocol and multiple layers of hardware and software continuously monitor the health of the wireless link.
Wireless E-Stop Bridge
Safely bridges one or more fixed E-Stop buttons, door switches, or other safety devices into the wireless safety network. Electrical safety loop circuit with diagnostics to integrate these devices.
Wireless CAN Bridge
The wireless safety system creates a wireless link between CAN networks, including networks with different bitrates. Supports any CAN bus standard including CANOpen and J1939. More details here.
Frequency bands include 900 MHz (2+ km line of sight range) and 2.4 GHz (500+ m line of sight range.) Other frequencies and encryption available. CAN J1939, RS-232, and USB support for flexible system integration options.
Features dual wired emergency stop loop with active diagnostics, master enable relays for E-stop circuit integration or direct load control, and internal master enable fault detection.
- Designed to meet ISO 13849 Category 3 Performance Level d.
- IP66 (NEMA 4X) rated enclosure size: 5.9”x3.2”x2.3”.
- Embedded versions also available.
- 9 VDC to 36 VDC power input.
- Multiple Connector Options:
- Ecomate RM for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, Sealed Mini-USB AB, and RP-SMA antenna connector.
- -MIL-DTL-38999 19 pin for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, MIL-DTL-38999 6 pin for USB, and RP-SMA antenna connector.
- Operating Temperature: -40℃ to 70℃.
- Safety inputs from SRC, WES, or VSC bridge devices integrate over dual channel electrical safety circuit.
- Standard control elements and optional status information integrate over digital interface.
- Easy to use software tool for system configuration.
- Sample applications available to help accelerate software development.
Ready to bring safe mobility and peace of mind to your operation?
Get in touch with FORT to learn more about the Vehicle Safety Controller