Industrial Wireless Safety Device
The FORT Vehicle Safety Controller (VSC) is a wireless safety device for autonomous systems, mobile heavy equipment, and fixed machinery. For applications where wired connections are expensive, dangerous, or impractical, the VSC provides a safe and reliable wireless solution.
Built for Machine Safety
Patented wireless system for critical commands
Dual-wired emergency stop loop with active diagnostics
Master enable relays for e-stop circuit integration or direct load control
Internal master enable fault detection
Wireless E-Stop Bridge
The versatile VSC can be configured as an input, output, or bridge. As an e-stop input, it can be used to safely incorporate fixed e-stop buttons, door switches or other wired safety devices into your wireless network, allowing you to stop multiple machines with a single wireless command.
Use FORT’s configuration tool to design your system and assign a care list of inputs to each VSC. Once paired, the units stay in constant two-way communication with one another, using rapid frequency hopping to avoid any risk of interference. The electrical safety loop circuit with diagnostics provides convenient integration.
Vehicle Safety Controller in Action
CAN Bus Bridge
Two VSCs can be configured as a Wireless CAN Bus Bridge between any two CAN networks, including networks with different bitrates. Supports any CAN bus standard including CANopen and J1939. Ideal for forestry and other long-range outdoor applications.
- 900 Mhz radio: up to 2km line of sight range
- 2.4Ghz radio: up to 500m line of sight range
- Designed to meet ISO 13849 PLd, Cat 3
- IP66 (NEMA 4X) enclosure
- Embedded versions also available
- Power input: 9 to 36 VDC
- Safety elements integrate via a dual channel electrical safety circuit.
- Standard control elements and optional status information integrate via CAN J1939, RS-232, or USB.
- Easy-to-use software tool for system configuration.
- Sample applications available to help accelerate software development.
- Ecomate RM for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, Sealed Mini-USB AB, and RP-SMA antenna connector.
- MIL-DTL-38999 19 pin for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, MIL-DTL-38999 6 pin for USB, and RP-SMA antenna connector.
For more technical details, please contact us below.
Speak with an expert for Vehicle Safety Controller pricing and information.